That said, you will need to know a thing or two about web design. After all, it’s important – so much so that 39% of visitors will leave a website if they find the layout unattractive.
You can think of web design like selling a puzzle you put together – it could have the most amazing corner piece that pave the way, but if the center pieces are large square pieces of the same colour it becomes quite a bore hideous, nobody will be interested in buying it.
Here at Neohost, we know have gathered quite extensive knowledge on designing and hosting websites. So to help you out,
Here are some options:
-You could hire a web designer to create the design for you– but (good) designers aren’t cheap.
-You could find a cheap designer on Fiverr or Upwork– but you know it can be risky.
-Or you could download a free or premium theme or template– but sometimes they don’t do everything you want them to
Website Design: Our 10 Step Guide
- Define Your Site’s Purpose, Strategy and market/niche
- Ask yourself what kind of website you want to have. The needs of your website will dictate the name type of your domain and what kind of hosting service you should be looking for. this will give a good guidance on the type of color structure you want to focus on.
- Research the Latest Web Design Trends
- Keyword search tools such as Google keyword planner , should give a good guide on what is trending in the digital world, what people are doing and the shift of the digital marketing and social marketing.
- Choose Your Platform builder
- Find a free online website-building service. There are a lot of options out there; some great, some poor, some cheap, some expensive; so it’s worth spending some time comparing features. Most offer limited services for free sites and typically place advertisements on your site. Some of the more popular free hosting sites include: WordPress; great for blogs, small to medium-sized websites of all kinds
- Drupal; great for medium to large-sized websites
- Google Sites
- Choose your Domain Name and your registrar
- Free websites typically allow you to create a subdomain on the host’s domain for free, and offer regular domains for a fee. Some free hosts allow you to connect a domain you already own to their free host. You can buy top-level domain names www.yoursitename.com) for yearly fees, and the connect that domain name to your free site. a lot of these factors will be decided by the market your are after
- Choose your Hosting package
- Determine the Type of Hosting You Need. When you want to start a website, you need to know the type of hosting that will serve your needs, Cloud Hosting, Shared Hosting etc
- Check the Performance which is a very important part that you need to take into consideration when you choose your hosting, ultimately speed of your website is determined by the type of hosting you have.
- The uptime of your website is yet another important parameter, how often a website is offline and crashes that are experienced by your hosting.
- Select a Template and Start Customizing
- There are a lot of theme available for free on wordpress and other building platform, before spending any money try and use free themes to get the hang of it.
- Decide on Your Branding
- it an old saying that branding speaks a thousand words, this is still of outmost importance in this day in age. this is generally how customer connect and relate to what you have to say. A good attractive logo and color scheme goes a long way to get noticed
- Add In and Optimize Your Content
- Your content speaks volume for you and it will stay on a digital trail for as long as you keep it there. a couple of years down the line people will still be reading your content. take pride in what write about and what you share.
- Publish Your Website
- This is the part where you pat yourself in the back for a job well done. you are live on the digital world. Now share your site with friends and family to create traffic.
- Analyze and Improve
- be sure to check the performance of your website by using analytic tools such as Google analytics to tell you how your website is performing
- Keyword Research. All search optimization begins with keyword research. You have to have an understanding of the current search landscape and your keywords. this is where Google keyword planner comes in to play, if used wisely it can become one powerful tool.
- Create Great Content with Keywords in mind. Content is the basis for the entire Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Marketing approach, and posting regular content will help your website show up on .
- Speed it Up. Google is beginning to punish slow running websites. You want to make sure your page is always up to speed. simple way is to minimize the size of your images, and media content. remove unnecessary clutter in your website. Simple with great content is always the best
Below is a simplified video detailed the simplicity of building a website by the team at Elementor Website Builder for WordPress , this teaches you exactly what to do at each stage.
If you’re interested in designing a new website, or giving an existing one a makeover, then you’re in the right place. the team at Neohost.co.za is ready to take you on the most exciting journey you can embark on.